Monday, May 6, 2013

WHY I DON'T EVEN GO TO BARS ANYMORE


I love having the occasional beer and maybe even the little peanut bowl that comes with it. Bars were always a good place for people to meet up in groups, have a nice conversation, watch a game and then take off. Today a bar is exactly the same as a meat market. When you park your car you think of what you want, find your place, look around and then move in for some sort of half assed attempt at a kill. Every time people go to bars they go for the same reason, a hookup.

I don't personally like bars because honestly I can't drink in peace. Next to me I always see the annoying drunk girl looking for some form of attention and on the other side there's always that group of jackass, executive wannabe, morons trying to be the cool standout while dancing on tables. The point is that to me bars are no longer a fun place to be and maybe they never really were.

To me nightlife is relative to the person living it. I think bars are in the same vein as clubs because people got away from clubs to try and find peace, now people are doing the same thing in bars that they wanted to do in clubs. I think the situation has always been the same only now it's more obvious. I guess there really is no place where everybody knows your name.

No comments:

Post a Comment