Thursday, May 9, 2013

ONLY IN AMSTERDAM


When I traveled to Amsterdam I was curious about the Red Light District just as any good tourist would be. I was interested because just the sight of a million red windows is absolutely fascinating. There is a bonus in the form of many beautiful girls in the windows. The women were dressed nicely , in lingerie no less. I walked and saw window after window and thought to myself " wow, these are some lovely hookers."

The backstreets were so narrow people had to walk in single file lines. The buildings looked absolutely grand at first glance. Every building looked like an architect's dream apartment building. As I walked I saw something that peaked my interest. I know you are thinking that my next statement is going to involve a lady of the night and you are right to think that. The lady was what appeared to be a 65 year old woman.

I say she appeared 65 because she really did look like she was a grandmother. I don't know if this lady just looked that way because she has been having sex as a profession for so long. The lady seemed happy, she would wave at everyone and smile. I wonder if she gave her clients ribbon candy and postcards. I mean at 65 I imagine sex can still be appealing but I just don't get that vibe. I did wave at the lady and knock on her window in order to let her know that she reminded me of someone special. The truth is she didn't but I just felt compelled to make her feel better.

Only in Amsterdam!

No comments:

Post a Comment