Tuesday, May 7, 2013

DEATH: ONE OF THOSE THINGS


This is a particularly dark entry that really allows a glimpse into my thought process. Yes I am fascinated by death but more by how we have come to visualize it. Death to us wears this black hood, it has no emotions and it claims us to keep up with some sort of numbers quota. I still wonder about death every so often. How did it get this personality? The truth of the matter is that death is one of those events, really it's the final event in our life.

Did someone claiming they came back from death just randomly come up with skull dude? I think about this at times because given the way of the world today I question my less than Wolverine like mortality. I think that when you fear death because time passes so quickly you tend to think about it more. Imagine if death came in the form of some sort of wormy accountant telling you the extension is up, that would be something else.

I don't think about death every single day but those days that I do I tend to wonder about the personification of it. I guess I watched that film The Seventh Seal way too much. I always wondered about a chess game with death.


The fact is that none of us will know until we get there and when we find out we won't really be able to share the thing unless we are well tuned to the trusty OUIJA board.

No comments:

Post a Comment