Sunday, May 5, 2013

THE LOVE JOURNEY


I used to think that the whole "LOVE" thing was more of a stoner mantra than anything else. I respect people as a rule of thumb and I respect whatever their choices are even if said choices differ from my own. I am sure you are probably wondering why there is a picture of a cannabis leaf in this entry. I will explain that in a minute so please hold on to your commentary.

I was at the metro in Amsterdam one night after a night of discovering the treasures of the city. I was fresh off a delicious meal in an Argentine steakhouse and on my way to a pleasant slumber. I remember that night so clearly. The sky was clear and the air was cold, a December night lit up by trees, light, street music and the feeling of Christmas. I remember I felt uncomfortable with my outfit because I hate wearing layers and restrictive style clothing.

As I sat and looked out the window of the metro I was asked if I was a tourist. The person that asked me the question was a brit with a backpack and a look of immense joy. The fella started asking me what I thought about marijuana and I answered as best I could. I remembered saying that I never felt it really did harm to anyone. The man handed me a card with some drawing and the word LOVE on it. I remember the card looked like a mixture of rorschach's work and ramblings of stoner artist.

Curious I asked my British stoner friend what it was and he responded with " It's life and the answer." I recall that I smiled and proceeded to leave without giving it a second thought. The brit offered me the opportunity to smoke some weed with him but I was not interested so i shook his hand and told him to enjoy himself. When I arrived at my destination I looked at the card and every part drawn in black had a line that resembled  a long and winding road. I thought about what the stoner said for a few days.

I realized that what my burnout friend meant was that love can really solve anything and guide you through some of the hardest roads to travel. I know that love is something we like to associate with hippies, stoners, and weaklings. The fact of the mater is that there is nothing wrong with allowing a little love to penetrate our jaded souls because in the end all the material possessions, bitterness, and differences we have do not accompany us to the grave. Love is the universal force that we are born with, live with, and can chose to go on our never ending journey with. Let's love one another people because it isn't a stoner mantra so much as it is the only absolute reality in life.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations for coming up with such a creative insult Chaz, Im certain you are proud as a peacock of your level of courage and strength. Are your stupidity and ignorance traits you inherited? Let me try to help you out here my friend

    1) It's spelled congratulations, plural always!

    2) The usage of the letter U as opposed to a the proper "You" demonstrates you are heavily learning impaired.

    3) The use of the letter R, phonetically, as opposed to the word ARE shows me that chances are your mother was quite the busy prostitute back in her day.

    4) AN does not fit, there the letter A applies.

    5) I think you mean to say Faggot, a faggot is a cigarette so I fail to see a coherent insult in that.

    CONGRATULATIONS YOU JUST GOT SCHOOLED, OWNED, AND EXPOSED AS A TOTAL FULL RETARD!

    ReplyDelete