Tuesday, May 7, 2013

WHY I ALWAYS HATED MILLI VANILLI


I never liked Milli Vanilli because I honestly could not understand how to German dudes could sound like they came from the depths of Motown. I remember when these dudes first burst on the scene everyone was going crazy. I was only ten in 89' when these guys burst on the scene and I just did not like them. All the girls went crazy for them and everyone wanted to sound like them but even back then I just got the feel that something was off about them.

The dudes were no doubt talented but that soul sound was just not right by any stretch of the imagination. Then I remember the big scandal where they had to return their grammy. As time passed and the story of Milli Vanilli took on a different shape altogether I felt bad for the two of them and I realized why I hated them. I was let down by the fact that they went along with a lie and allowed everyone to believe they were something that they really weren't.

I don't think about it now but back then it just bothered me that these two guys got a spot that they did not earn in any way shape or form. The guys could dance and the one that lived could actually sing. I think they would have been huge if they had actually been willing to put in the work required. I think Rob Pilatus maybe alive today if the whole Milli Vanilli thing hadn't happened. I guess this is what happens when two hapless idiots are given a golden key that they don't know how to manage. It's better to work and be ambitious than to be ambitious and totally ignorant.

No comments:

Post a Comment