Tuesday, November 19, 2013

WHY IT'S SO IMPORTANT TO MEDITATE


Meditation is likely one of the best, if not the best therapy in the world. I find myself over thinking sometimes and angry as well. I find that when I sit and meditate I get to that place that we all long to be. My process may not be comparable to that of a buddhist monk's but it works. I have a couple of ways one of which works as follows:

  • I sit 
  • I take five deep breaths 
  • I close my eyes
  • I clear my head 
  • I slow my breathing down to the point where I'm fully relaxed
I usually do that for about five minutes and I find that it works for me. To me it's important because I have a bit of a fuse and like anyone else, it goes off every now and again. While some call meditation a fad o BS, I call it the best therapy. Imagine a day where the following things happen: 
  • A tire explodes 
  • A pipe bursts 
  • You burn the souffle
  • The cat pissed on the laptop
 How would you rather deal with that day? There's the possibility to do it angrily or do so with calm. If you do it angrily it will look like this: 


Why beat the shit out of someone with a keyboard when you can deal with your bad day in a relaxed way. I recommend meditation, yoga, pretty much anything to keep that emotion in check. All jokes and fun aside make sure to chill because life's too short. 

No comments:

Post a Comment