Wednesday, November 13, 2013

AGE IS A STATE OF MIND


As I close in on my 35th birthday I wonder if perhaps I'm getting to old. I think if anything I'm a baby starting out. I look at age as nothing more than a state of mind. My body of work reflects a still very spry mind with an almost boundless ability for material. I'm not saying that I'm a genius but I am extremely good at being tireless.

I look at past examples of age not really playing a part in achievement and there are some prime examples. When people want to accomplish something, they find a way to defy time. I'm not saying we can stop time from passing, but we can use what time brings as an ally.

When George Burns was nearly 80 he began what would be considered the best period of an already lengthy and storied career. Jack Benny was in his late 70's and was still commanding high ratings with his specials based on The Jack Benny Program. If you want to accomplish greatness, work at it and if you want to preserve it make sure to believe in your own ability to do so in spite of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment