Monday, November 11, 2013

I'LL DRINK THE KOOL AID NOW


I have heard the " Drink the Kool Aid" metaphor used in a negative way for a long time. If that's applied to you it means you follow a belief blindly and devoid of any independent thought. The negativity is associated chiefly with the Jim Jones, Jamestown tragedy that took place in 1978. I think that the Kool Aid is actually a good thing.

At this point I am certain that you are thinking I'm either a zombie or a monster for saying this, but please read on. I think that we need to drink our own Kool Aid, which happens to carry a lot of that self confidence we need in order to move forward in life. So why not drink the Kool Aid?  The truth is that if we aren't capable of following our own desires in this life, no one will follow us when it's necessary.

Every single day we need to capture someone's attention. If we are being interviewed for a job we need to be able to sell our abilities and get a person to see what we see. So drinking the Kool Aid is not a bad thing, nor is getting others to drink the Kool Aid as well. So next time you are going through the internet, by all means stop on by and drink my wonderful Kool Aid so you may be one with my awesome nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment