Tuesday, November 19, 2013

BEING A DAD


There's something about being a dad that's simply wonderful. Yes when our kids grow and they defy us, try our patience, they get the worst out of us. There is something wonderful about it though, even with all the crap they put us through. I remember the fun things like telling my son stories about Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and other things.

I remember when my son first helped me wash my car, when I bought him his little electric scooter and landmarks like teaching him how to swim. My life is better because of those days and I'm a little wiser as a result. I hope my son has learned about life, being a productive human being, and the importance of being earnest.

I will never be a perfect man, I hope that I will be remembered for being a good father, a father that tried and cared. To me being a good father is life's greatest reward and having that recognition from my own son is the best kind of recognition I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment