Sunday, November 24, 2013

SO TODAY I GOT OLD, BUT HELL WITH THAT


I woke up today and told my son " Don't forget to shave" and in that split second I came to the realization that my son was almost a fully grown man. The whole thing was a major shock to me. I use to take this kid to Universal Studios, rowing, I used to do things where I was the one teaching him lessons. As he woke me up so we could go to the admissions office at Full Sail University, I looked and saw a grown man.

I grew old, or grew up, today and so had my son. I witnessed as he spoke to the admissions rep and handled his own business. I saw my son go after his dream just like I taught him to. I was almost on the verge of tears as I remembered those days when he'd get on my shoulders and say " let's go daddy." Yes, I miss those days but damn it I cherish days like today, because I was there. I cherish today even if I got old.

No comments:

Post a Comment