Wednesday, March 13, 2013

THE PAPAL ELECTIONS


The two front runners for the vacant papacy are Archbishop Scola and Archbishop Odilo Scherer. When the white smoke goes up it will mean that one of these two men will have won the popularity contest that will determine who shall emerge as the next great leader of the Catholic Church. It's clear that both these men are in far better shape than Benedict was and that they are likely going to make a papal calendar otherwise known as The Papal Pimp: 12 months. I wonder if the papal candidates have ever thought of having some sort of campaign. Vatican City is not so big that they can't do something to sway the vote their way.

I think it would be fantastic to see them make speeches about miracles, kissing babies, and putting signs up on lawns. Can you imagine the slogans? I can imagine Scola's big sign for the die hard Scholastic:


Scola will in fact be the cure for the Cura as he does believe in serious sweeping reform. There is also Scherer who is from the sexy Sao Paulo which is full of beautiful women and Samba. I can Imagine what his sign will look like:


Scherer will samba for your soul and into your soul as he will follow a lot of the steps of Pope John Paul II. I can imagine the intrigue, hidden agendas, special papal interests, weir and secretive priestly politics. I think it would be awesome to cover a papal election. I wonder how they go about it now? I know about the black smoke and white smoke thing but I wonder if they have lunch breaks, watch sexy movies on Cinemax and talk about sports. 

Perhaps I am starting to develop a jaded nature as far as the catholic church. I don't think I can be blamed for not taking the church or it's leaders seriously when the very political, hypocritical, and self righteous human natures of these all too powerful figures have polluted the idea of a spiritual relation that serves as a purifying agent for the soul. 

No comments:

Post a Comment