Thursday, March 28, 2013

THE POWER OF A TRENDING HEADLINE


Just about everyone that has read a blog of mine knows that I look at trending news the majority of the time. Trending news usually have a headline of some sort that leads the the one million matching articles which for some reason repeat themselves over and over. There was one trending headline that floored the hell out of me today "Bill O'Reilly Gay." I thought for a second that O'Reilly had come out and then I clicked on the headline.

The headline led to articles about O'Reilly's apparent turn on gay marriage. O'Reilly's statement was a strong jab at conservatives that use the bible as their main argument for a ban on gay marriage. I agree with O'Reilly when he says what he says about bible thumping not  being the basis for policy. I still think though that way the trending topic was exposed was absolutely brilliant.

I think that the type of attention a headline like that can get is absolutely incredible and can actually make shinning stars of just about everyone. Trends are something absolutely amazing and as far as Bill O'Reilly, I will get to him soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment