Tuesday, March 5, 2013

THE FBI HAS SOMETHING ON EVERYONE, EVEN WHITNEY


Whitney Houston's FBI file was opened to the public and it revealed that Whitney had some mentally unstable fans throughout the globe. The Netherlands fan that called himself the President of Europe and proclaimed a 66 billion dollar purchase of Brazil. What this particular situation made me think about was the level of privacy people are entitled to.

It seems like once you die your personal information is public domain in a way. Whitney Houston's file is 128 pages and follows a trend  of FBI celebrity files that was started by J. Edgar Hoover with Charlie Chaplin ages ago. It's fair to ask if when you die you become a target for postmortem scrutiny. I understand she was a public figure with a lot of problems but I think after death she deserves some peace and privacy.

I wonder if there is an FBI file on Michael Jackson, or perhaps on Madonna. I don't know the answer to any of that but i don't care since I am not a celebrity personal information whore. I do think it's in poor taste to make that information public simply because it gives enormous ammunition to yellow journalism to rear it's ugly head and after so much suffering in life everyone's entitled to some measure of peace.

My advice is for everyone to remember never to contact the FBI, not even to retrieve their missing cat because chances are highly likely for post mortem ridicule.

No comments:

Post a Comment