Friday, March 1, 2013

WHEN A PERSON BECOMES RIDICULOUS AND ANNOYING IN A SINGLE ACTION


I think Anne Hathaway is a great actress and she seems like a nice person. Normally I don't really comment on celebrities because I am more interested in the characters that they play than on their personal lives. I do have a slight problem when celebrities decide that they will put themselves so far out of normalcy that they become the center of attention for some ridiculous reason that no one cares for.

I have written about the flu being no different for celebrities than for normal people as well as addictions being issues of privacy that should never surface for purposes of entertainment. Now I want to turn my attention back to Anne Hathaway. After the Oscars Anne Hathaway released a statement apologizing for her choice of dress. At first I wondered if it was because of the nipple situation but then I realized it was the total opposite as I read on. I guess Anne Hathaway felt that her not wearing a Valentino Dress was socially relevant enough for her to take to the media with it.

The fact is that it would make her seem less out of touch and more of a substantial person if she said " I am sorry I had an all night nipple bonanza" or " I am sorry I have not done more for women's rights." It is beyond annoying when something as forgettable as a dress or rather a designer choice becomes fodder for every news outlet in the world. Once again we are all about trends so I guess Joseph Kony is out and Catwoman's dress choice is in. Frankly I don't care for any of that and I don't think it should be such a big deal that every medium picks it up to the extent that it trumps news of nuclear warfare.

I am glad that Anne Hathaway is a loyal friend of Valentino's but I think that maybe she could have just called him and sent him a basket of some sort in order to make things right. I think she could have also sent him an autographed copy of The Princess Diaries on blu ray. The fact is that everyone is looking at Anne Hathaway as a bit of an annoying person for this action and I am inclined to agree.

Anne Hathaway please shut your mouth and don't try to be relevant beyond film because you are not doing a great job of that right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment