Saturday, February 23, 2013

AND THE OPPONENT IS.............. GLENN BECK


I guess Glenn Beck was unhappy about no longer being a relevant figure so he decided to go ahead and enrage a significant portion of the population by referring to the WWE as " stupid wrestling people."  I assume o'l Glenn meant to say that the people in the WWE are unrefined and therefore would assume that characters imitating tea party members are giving the wrong impression about the tea party. It's clear to me that Glenn Beck knows nothing about scripted personalities and much less about storytelling for the purpose of entertainment. I took offense to this moron's comments because while I don't watch wrestling now I did use to watch it religiously as a kid.

The whole point of a wrestling storyline is to keep fans entertained. I remember back when I was about 12 the big storyline was Hulk Hogan, an all american icon, against Sergeant Slaughter who was billed as a turncoat Iraqi sympathizer. That story was controversial in some ways but it played to the American spirit of unity during times of war. I remember that I was proud of being a Hogan fan because I was on the side of good. I'd venture to say that while times have changed and wrestling has changed since those days there is one thing that hasn't changed and that is creating a storyline based on relevancy.

The relevant issue in society is politics and its hot button topics. It so happens that immigration is one of those issues that's hot. Glenn Beck refers to the WWE as stupid but I wonder if he understands that he is making himself look like the most ignorant of individuals. The fact is that he has given the storyline of two tea party like characters against a hispanic figure greater attention because it evoked a major response on his part. Glenn Beck has really made himself look like a moron that doesn't understand the first thing about television. Let me help Glenn understand what it is that he is doing to himself right now.

Glenn you got taken in by a story because it hit really close to home. You are fighting characters as opposed to actual people. The fact of the matter is that you are making your cause look pathetic in attempting to defend your position. What you have done here you stupid crybaby is enrage a likely significant portion of your audience and a far greater segment of the population. Not everyone follows FOX but a huge number of people around the world follows the WWE. Glenn Beck you can safely say you "marked out" like an idiot in a basement. In the end everyone can point at you and say there goes that stupid tea party mark commentator that can't really tell the difference between reality and an exaggeration of reality for the purpose of entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment