Friday, December 14, 2012

JUSTICE IS A BITCH......REALLY


I don't know why I am particularly moved to write about justice maybe I am bored or maybe I am running out of material but at any rate I am doing it because I can. People love to say that justice is blind, but, is justice balanced? I ask because the symbol of justice is a scale. I am no philosopher but as a child conducting basic science experiments in school scales were used for weight distribution examples with little gram weights.

It was easy to see that more weight in one side meant that the scale would tip that way. Now I want to pose a question: If that weight is previledge, wealth, and power in case where someone was abused in some unfair way is justice really blind? I guess it's a really hard question to answer.

I wonder if the people that thought OJ Simpson was guilty felt that justice was really blind. Justice is not a person we can influence but it does carry an outcome we can influence if we are smart. Was justice really served in the Casey Anthony trial when all the evidence seemed to point in her direction? Is capitalizing on a weak prosecutor's inability to establish a plausible case really an example of justice being blind?

If we really look at things from a practical point point of view we can say that yes justice is blind and that handicap is a disadvantage that creates outcomes not always favorable to visible reality. Justice is blind and it's also a bitch because it can really be made to accommodate cases that really don't merit it.

No comments:

Post a Comment