Monday, November 19, 2012

I JUST WANT TO CARRY YOUR BOOKS HOME


I want to take this particular opportunity to write about how romance seems to be a dying art. As I walked through a mall the other day I saw this one teenager with his girlfriend. The kid clearly thought he was some sort of rap star which was funny considering he made me think of Vanilla Ice in the Ninja Turtles movie. That having been said let me get to the point of this rant.

The kid was a vulgar point with no manners and no class whatsoever. What annoyed me was that the girl was equally ignorant and encouraged his boorish attitude. I wonder how exactly their interaction went. I can imagine it was something like:

BOY: Yo baby let's chill at the mall.

Girl: Like IDK  sure whatever!

BOY: Yo boo come on girl

Girl: My boyfriend like totally gets me you know.

The point is the kid was a jackass and he made me so angry I wanted to kick his ass. When I was younger and dating I had to work for a hello and really try everything from carrying a girls books to discreet hand holding at the regular places like the movies. While these were fifth grade tactics the fact that you no longer see them reminds you of societal decline in general. You have little kids talking about swag and how they want to be like Kim Kardashian instead of being individuals.

If all that kids are exposed to is overly rehearsed pop culture their ideas of relationships are going to be pathetic at best. This is why men no longer open the door for ladies. Wait there are no men just punks and morons. This is why there are no boys carrying girls books because they are too busy trying to be "players."

I think the problem lies with the idea that people need to be 100% free to explore from an early age. Yes I understand we all need to be individuals but if all you do is watch television and mimic garbage then you will pretty much end up like garbage.

 So how about it? Can I carry your books home?

No comments:

Post a Comment