Wednesday, October 30, 2013

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE CANDY?


I wonder what happened to halloween, I was talking to a colleague about how not so long ago I was a at a party and these kids showed up without costumes, just backpacks for the purpose of collecting candy. The kids just showed up and had this attitude of entitlement, which made me angry and it made the alcohol I consumed almost boil over. Still I wonder what happened to our traditions.

Halloween is the slutty costume stop, where fantasies leave the bedroom and creativity hits the graveyard. I don't mind the slutty costumes because they are a form of eye candy, and halloween is about getting candy. I do still feel like we lost something, halloween is not so much about the tradition of dressing up and knocking on doors anymore. I guess I may just be going through a " Those were the days" phase.

Oh well, happy slutty halloween to everyone, may the alcohol, weed, and candy be plentiful to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment