Friday, October 4, 2013

THE DAY OUR ECONOMY BECAME THE PROSTITUTE WITHOUT CLIENTS


I was recently in Amsterdam and while attending an exhibition of Federico Fellini's work at the EYE Museum and I was treated to some clips from Roma. I thought this film was an example of what abstract visual art is really all about. The film had a little bit of everything and it really spoke to the time it was released. The film was released in 1972, a period when there was so much much turmoil still and when the world was suffering a shock in terms of its transition from peace to unadulterated sex. If you've read this far I am certain you are asking yourself " What does this have to do with US economy issues? " Please let me get there before you get all ADD on me.

The film, if I recall accurately, had some prostitutes that looked like they were past their prime. What I think of our economy is that it has become that prostitute. Republicans are the pimps and democrats are the johns. What's funny about this is that if you think I'm complimenting democrats, I am not. I am saying they won't throw the whore a bone by opening a discussion to at least avoid what's going on. I'm also not complementing republicans, I am saying republicans are like a pimp with no whores except for the one with the saggy 70's cleavage.

Please republicans and democrats, let that hooker and let her freak flag fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment