Wednesday, October 9, 2013

POETRY


I'm no poet but I love reading poetry simply because I feel that there is some manner of genius in brevity. Poetry was something that I loved as a kid because it was short but most of the time it told some story. Let's look at some of the things that poetry covers in a few lines:


  1. Love.
  2. Heartbreak. 
  3. Happiness. 
  4. Sadness.
  5. Success.
  6. Failure. 
  7. Appetite.
In short, poetry covers just about everything you can imagine and write about. When you do it correctly a poem can pretty much sum up the long and short of your life. Poetry can be what defines a writer, shapes a generation, and establishes a legacy. 

I'm writing this because I want to encourage people to really seek out poetry, not as a drag but as a form of enrichment. Perhaps you are a poet, perhaps not but either way you can really yield something great from it. Seek out a poem from days of old, seek one out from recent time but remember it will broaden your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment