Thursday, July 25, 2013

TOMMY CHONG IS PRETTY COOL, BUT STILL........


Tommy Chong is pretty cool, like an old stoner with miles of disjointed wisdom. I saw the TMZ video where he sort of backed his daughter's comments about Oprah. I think it's cool that in a laid back and half assed way he sort of agreed with his daughter while trying to keep her from being covered by the wrath of the mighty one. I don't know why there's heat between Oprah and Chong's daughter, to the extent that Rae Dawn Chong would say something so heated about Oprah.

 To bring up slavery as a way to slam a person is pretty offensive. While Tommy Chong did a good job of covering that up in a diplomatic manner, the comment that Rae Dawn Chong comes at a pretty inappropriate time, given the level of tensions in the US  as far as race goes. I am not an Oprah fan because honestly, while she is a great example of success, she is not in the same zip code as Harriet Tubman, or Maya Angelou. Yes Oprah has become a queen in the media and more power to her, but a lot of people helped pave the way for her decades prior and many of them are still unknown.

I still say that using race is a tacky way to express how much you dislike a person. I am hispanic and I dislike some hispanic figures but I would never use racial slurs to express how much I dislike them. A good example is that fat shit that calls himself Pablo Escobar Jr. I would jump at the chance to intellectually slam that fucker, but I would never use a racial slur. Wow Tommy, you defended your daughter while still kinda using race a bit, gotta take it easy on the weed man.

No comments:

Post a Comment