Sunday, July 28, 2013

RADIO GA GA..........


I have heard people refer to radio as theatre of the mind. I wonder if the people that refer to radio as theater of the mind are talking about old time radio. Radio today is more like theater for the feeble minded. I was listening to a popular morning show here in Orlando, and honestly the people in that show managed to make me feel like my life was somehow a little less important as a result of listening.

Stars like the arrogant but brilliant Orson Welles are no longer around, there will never be another War of the Worlds broadcast. The radio doesn't make people think, it causes aneurisms due to how many fucking imbeciles are given a platform to speak. There are people that do try, but honestly the people that try are outnumbered by the imbeciles that can work a board. Video did not just kill the radio star, it raped its will to live and sodomized its talent beyond repair.

I thought satellite radio would improve things but honestly it made it worse. Satellite is a paid option, commercial free, for the highly limited to expose their incredibly poor ability. I am reminded of a song by Queen, Radio Ga Ga. Today all you hear in radio is shit and nothing else. Every station plays the same 18 track loop and helps create stars like young prostitute Selena Gomez. Sorry but I will not be hitting repeat, peat, peat, peat, I'll simply pop in an Elvis or Beatles CD.

No comments:

Post a Comment