Wednesday, July 17, 2013

XANADU


I always wondered what Xanadu meant, as a kid I remember hearing my sister do the whole Olivia Newton John thing when the film came out in theaters. I wondered what Xanadu was, what it meant, what it stood for, I really wondered. Today I started to think about Xanadu again and wonder. Xanadu is a place, the summer capital of Kublai Kahn's Yuan empire. I really wondered, what is about Xanadu?


Growing up in Central Florida I recall a place called Xanadu, the home of the future. Xanadu was made of styrofoam on ballons. The interior was sort of like a Ray Bradbury story, with lot's of computers and looking like a freaking garlic clove full of weird carpeting. Xanadu seems to stan for the ideal state of mind. I wonder sometimes if Xanadu has a bit of an atheist air to it.


I like the idea of Xanadu, a state of mind that can only take you to an area of your mind, a spot of the universe where calm is the ultimate achievement. Xanadu is that state of mind that moves you forward, the part of the soul that just can't be touched. We all long for Xanadu, for that peace and happiness, it doesn't require a set of beliefs. Xanadu is uncomplicated, fun, it's an adventre, the place in our hearts where we need no gods or monsters.

Let's all go to Xanadu and abandon the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment