Saturday, June 15, 2013

WHAT'S WITH THE DEAD CELEBRITY HOAX CRAP?


I rarely pay attention to articles about people dying anymore because it's really only true when it's something you see coming. You are probably wondering what I mean, every week it seems like we hear of a celebrity dying. Sometime back we heard of Morgan Freeman dying, Adam Sandler, Bindi Irwin, and Mickey Rourke. Every major celebrity seems to have died some sort of odd and unexpected death at some point or another. I wonder what the hell the fascination is with saying someone is dead.

When I was growing up I remember people's deaths not really being a subject of jubilation and happiness. I am surprised that with the evolution of technology death has become a cool subject to laugh about. I remember how people would react to rumors of the demise of a celebrity, not cool usually. While I am not a celebrity monger that chases after autographs, I am not really down with the let's guess who died today thing.

I think society's fascination with constantly killing off celebrities is a clear example of the fact that entertainment is not quite what it used to be. As a result of a deficiency in today's entertainment I guess people are making their own with death, disease, and unnecessarily tacky rumor spreading. At the end of the day I guess it's all a part of the sort of medium we have access to in the net, makes anything a feasible truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment