Saturday, June 29, 2013

THE MARIJUANA DEBATE



I read an article in the news about the debate over the legalization of marijuana. Various states including Florida are going through the many battles, and considering the avenues, when it comes to legalizing marijuana. Marijuana has often times been called a "gateway" drug that will only open the doors to further experimentation. I think that a person's behaviors and attitudes are really what determine if marijuana is something that they should try or not. I'd like to point out a few things with regards to people's view on marijuana:

1) Every individual reacts differently to it.

2) There are different grades.

3) Marijuana is not necessarily a hallucinogenic drug.

4) I never heard of someone dying of a marijuana over dose.

5) It's a college campus standard.

6) Some people use it to treat complex medical conditions and also mental illness that stems chiefly from chemical imbalances.

I am sure you are thinking that I partake, I don't. I do actually read and research when it comes to maters of this nature. Marijuana use can be controlled if confined to certain areas. In Amsterdam, cafes are mostly for the purpose of smoking, playing pool, and eating chips. There are rarely any instances of people smoking in the street in Amsterdam. If legislature is passed it should definitely include a provision that prohibits users from driving while smoking, or while under of the effects of a joint. I think that, like anything, this is something that can be done if the laws are applied correctly. Over doing it on the smoking is something that affects the user and the user only, provided it's being used in the privacy of one's own home.

This debate will rage on longer but considering how many worst things are out there, I think it will likely die down and pass sometime in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment