Sunday, June 9, 2013

THE POINT IS?


The latest headlines about Erin Brockovich have her DWI on her boat. I really don't give a rat's ass about this for several reasons. I am sure you are wondering why I am taking the time to blog about it, truth is I am bored. I think that while Brockovich is someone whose achievements are no small matter, she is still a human being. The fact that this headline about her has trended like it has only means one thing, society loves to tear down what it builds.

Some time ago Erin Brockovich's efforts and accomplishment reached near mythical levels after the release of her biopic starring Julia Roberts. From that point in 2000 on, Erin Brockovich has really stood out as one of the good guys in the fight for a better tomorrow. So now everyone is obviously eagerly reading this headline and more than likely pointing a finger at her.

My question is simple " What's the point?" I don't condone her actions, but if she wants to engage in self destructive behavior, it's her problem. It's not up to us to judge others nor is it up to us to bring them down. If a tragedy were to have taken place chances are that Ms. Brockovich would likely have paid a steep price. I think it's sad that someone who crusades for people would behave in such a ridiculous and reckless manner but flaws, and the general imperfection of human nature, usually lead us to these kinds of mistakes.

Hopefully Erin Brockovich will learn her lesson and stop herself from getting on the party boat next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment