Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Clint Eastwood and Liberace!


Ever since Clint Eastwood's speech at the Republican National Convention I have heard quite a few things. Some people are saying that the man went crazy while others are saying he is clearly an elitist racist and many are saying that this was his finest performance. To me all the attention that Clint Eastwood got because of his ill fated attempt at improvisation is a clear example of a larger issue. As a society we put too much stock into celebrity opinion and not enough stock into actual fact.

I will call it down the middle on this one because it is only right after all. Clint Eastwood is an intelligent and highly skilled individual and he is a former politician at both the city and state level. I believe that Clint Eastwood was trying to do something unique enough to get his point across. Everyone cringed and assumed that Clint lost his mind an on top of that they gave it more attention than Mitt Romney's acceptance speech. I dare anyone to quote anything Romney said word for word.

My point with this whole thing is that Clint stole the show by talking to a chair as a opposed to Romney with his own speech. What the hell does that say about us? It says we care more about celebrities and their opinion rather than forming our own opinions and sticking by them with the facts we consider to be correct. We no longer seem to be able to say I think this is the right guy because of his views. We find it easier to say this is the right guy because he sits at the cool kids table.

I would like to take this opportunity to announce my candidacy for president in 2016 on the Liberopublican ticket. I also want to let you all know that my celebrity guest will be none other than the hologram of Orson Welles with an introduction by on piano by Liberace's out of this world shiny hologram.

No comments:

Post a Comment