Wednesday, September 26, 2012

THE EXTREME TRUTH CAN BE DANGEROUS


So I am writing this blog not to subscribe to theory or to make any sort of plea on behalf of any individual. I first became of Julian Assange around 2010 when a red notice for Assange was made public and he became a worldwide menace. I thought Assange was a sort of creepy cool dude. To me Assange was the perfect antihero character hair and all. I started looking up information on the guy and I must say I was impressed.

Assange was labeled as an "information terrorist" by Newt Gingrich and became a popular subject in terms of execution and assassination talk from extreme conservatives. I mean let's face it when the brilliant Sarah Palin states that a man should be pursued with the same urgency as Taliban leaders it means you made it.

The big question is simple when it comes to Assange. Why has he elicited such ire? If you take a look at his site there seems to be an enormous amount of information basically exposing corruption on a world wide scale. I am not one to say what is fact or what is fiction but I do keep an open mind. So why is the guy with the funky hair the enemy?

Assange has made it his mission to release information that the public did not have any access to in matters of national and worldwide security. Why is this important to us? I think that maybe it's a service of sorts to take a good fraction of the population away from the "information" provided by biassed, profit driven media, special interest groups, and politicians that want the "best" for the population.

I am not interested in conspiracy theories simply because I believe that theories without any real base ultimately create small pockets of chaos. Now getting back to Assange I don't think that he would be considered public enemy number one if he was not hitting some seriously sour notes. The fact is that things are being exposed and as a result the man doing it is considered a terrorist.

How about we stop using the word terrorist and call it as we see it. There is a person using his knowledge, contacts and abilities to try and educate people when it comes to matters that individuals in power want to keep secret. We are living in a world where those leaders we elect do not work for us but rather for themselves and sometimes against us depending on the region. Is Assange really the enemy for trying to expose extreme truth?

No comments:

Post a Comment