Thursday, September 27, 2012

WHO GIVES A SHIT ABOUT MIKE LOVE?


I am certain that at least five people care about Mike Love and if this offends them I want to say I could give a flying fuck. Today while reading interesting tidbits about the world around me I read that Brian Wilson was fired from the Beach Boys by Mike Love who owns the rights to the Beach Boys.

So if Al Jardine, who was also fired, Brian Wilson, and David Marks are gone how does a touring band still mean Beach Boys? I have never liked Mike Love because he is the typical douche frontman that loves the spotlight. This is classic and in some ways reminds me of Axl Rose's pathetic attempt at continuing Guns N Roses with an all new line up.

I think what bothers me the most is that I have heard some of Mike Love's ridiculous solo work and I wonder if he really believes he can actually compare to Brian Wilson. Brian Wilson's album "Imagination" was sensational. Personally I think Brian was and will forever be the soul of the Beach Boys. When Mike Love can take credit for work such as Smile and Pet Sounds then he can call himself  the driving force behind the band.

Sorry to say that the participation of John "Uncle Jesse" Stamos and Love's kids mean absolute shit to me. I also think that as talented as Bruce Johnston is he will still always be the Brian Wilson's touring replacement.

No comments:

Post a Comment