Sunday, January 27, 2013

OH NO, SOMEONE HELP COUSIN EDDIE


Every time I think of Randy Quaid I think of cousin Eddie and that one season of Saturday Night Live that had more actors in the cast than actual comedians. I recently read that Randy Quaid was denied refugee status and residency in Canada. I find that situation to be hilarious on so many levels. I want to start out with the reason why Randy Quaid wants to stay in Canada.

Apparently the beloved star of many very different films and his wife are targets f Hollywood "star whackers." I don't understand the term " star whacker" nor do I understand why they would single out Randy Quaid. The fact is that although this guy is a talented actor he is not exactly the first person that comes to mind when you think of a major player. I like his performances and let's face it he is a funny guy. I still don't get the whole reason behind his attempt at a Canadian way of life.

It looks to me like a lot of celebrities are trying to renounce their citizenships especially if the tax rates in their respective countries affect them negatively. Gerard Depardieu is the first example that comes to mind when mentioning celebrities bothered by high tax rates. I think that maybe the "star whackers" are the good people at the IRS or local tax collector's office. The way that Randy Quaid has presented this situation it just sounds like he will die if he comes to the US.

I can imagine some creepy dude sitting in his basement wearing a cousin Eddie costume plotting serious harm. Perhaps Mike Busey, local Florida press whore, is plotting to kidnap Randy Quaid in order to have him headline one of his "events" at the sausage castle. I also wonder if perhaps Randy is just looking to corner the Canadian Bacon/Ham hybrid market. I think that maybe Randy Quaid has become the target of a self imposed need for press.

I do hope that Randy and wife are safe from the " star whackers" because the truth is that cousin Eddie is a national treasure.

OH CANADA!

No comments:

Post a Comment