Saturday, January 26, 2013

HOW DOES THE FLU AFFECT CELEBRITIES?



The title of this entry is meant to be somewhat sarcastic in tone. When I read the news today I saw a headline stating that Burt Reynolds was in the ICU. Curious about the news I decided to read on. I discovered that he had the flu and was "severely dehydrated." Don't get me wrong I think Burt Reynolds is funny especially when he is attempting to act. I don't understand why it's necessary to say "Look Burt has the flu." The fact of the matter is that the flu is going around and no one is immune.

I am going somewhere with this particular diatribe so stay with me. It's one thing if a celebrity is doing something important in an attempt to better the world condition. Instead of reading about something good we have to be subjected to " Burt plus flu equals ICU." I have a suggestion for Burt's reps and Doctors in so far as this situation is concerned. I think they should play the remastered Blu Ray copies of Cannonball Run and Cannonball Run 2 and buy some prune juice in order to keep Burt hydrated and satisfied.

To those of you that did not know this, Marlon Brando thought that Burt Reynolds was an arrogant ass and did not particularly care for him. I know that the aforementioned is irrelevant but since we are on irrelevant terms anyway.

1 comment:

  1. This aggiravate me so much as well. I'm glad I'm not the only one. Feels like it though when you look at the internt.

    ReplyDelete