Monday, August 12, 2013

KEEP IT IN PERSPECTIVE PEOPLE


So there is a big huge deal about the clown that wore the Obama mask in a rodeo. I can sort of understand how this would be disrespectful to the president but I think taking into race waters can be a stretch. This is what I think with respect to that, let's keep it in perspective. Not everyone in America is a democrat and not everyone voted for Obama. Obama's presidency has not been that effective, just like Bush's presidency nearly bankrupted the US.

The best chance that democrats had to pass comprehensive reform was with the senatorial super majority and that was wasted. The election was very narrow and it demonstrated that Romney and Obama were weighed as two necessary ills with one being the lesser of two evils. I understand that the whole " Who wants to see a bull run Obama down?" question was over the top but still, that's the way it goes.

The very normal voting majority is never very happy about how the country is run. Now unemployment is very high, housing values are down, and medical reform is questionable and never fully enforced. I am a democrat but I see this as the perspective of a very unhappy group of people. I don't see this as racism and neither should anyone else. Let' not take politics to black vs white in situations that don't call for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment