Wednesday, August 21, 2013

GOOD DEAL


I read a story about Lily Tomlin possibly marrying her partner of 42 years. This story has made headlines all over the place. I think it's cool but I wonder what the relevance is. While there is a possibility now that they can get married, it won't really change the nature of their relationship. Yes Lily Tomlin is a major celebrity and yes he is very funny, but still I think someone's personal life really shouldn't take center stage at any point in time.

Lily Tomlin is gay and everyone knows that. It's cool that she is not in your face about it. Famous or private, straight or gay, it is extremely important for people to keep their personal life personal. It's not your personal life or choices that serves as the ultimate definition of character. I will say one thing for Lily Tomlin, I would love to see her do the character of Edith Ann.

Best of luck to Lilly Tomlin if she does get married. I wonder if when she gets married she will dress up as Ernestine. Hopefully she'll get back to doing comedy like she used to, in order to escape the monotony of marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment