Thursday, May 9, 2013

NEVER GIVE UP


I have heard that I need to give up my dreams and ambitions so many times. I have heard it said that I have " far out" goals and the truth is I don't give a shit. People that criticize me for taking action in pursuing my dreams are also the very cowards that do not have the courage to go after their own dreams. The fact is that dreams will only as far as you take them. If you have your dreams stuck to a pillow chances are better than average they will never come true.

I am living my dream because I want to live my dream. I am a writer, I am everything I wanted to be. I do get paid to do what I love but not as often as I need to. I know I will get paid more eventually and I can make the adjustments but giving up is not an adjustment I am considering. I made a decision that I would not put myself in a position where I would be the waiter and writer combo. This is not me being arrogant or unrealistic, it's me saying that if you want something in life you get it regardless of what you are told.

Life was meant to be lived with real desire, we are not here to exist and just be. To hell with all the cowards that are willing to wake up and exist. I respect every person's decisions in life but to be honest I don't really care what they think of mine. I am a writer, I write because I love to write and because I can write. I live life to the fullest because it's what I want. Every possession I have will live on because I can't take it with me. My dreams are something that will define me as they become reality and when I am gone people will remember what I dreamt, what I accomplished and what I stood for.

Dream on if you have the courage, achieve if you have the strength and never give up if you have the heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment