Thursday, June 5, 2014

WHEN DID WE LOSE TRACK?


In this age of social media and veiled ignorance we seem to have lost track of what's important in society. The population knows more about worthless figures like Justin Bieber and Rihanna than they do about their forefathers. I know that there is such a thing as evolution but I'm fairly certain that evolution implies progress and not regression. You ask anyone a question about the current state of the economy and you'll get some stupid and unrelated answer.

The specter of pseudo intellect and feigned indifference has become a ruling force of sorts. I understand that politics much like religion are private matters but I'd say that matters that affect society are far more important than matters of celebrity. I really could care less if Rihanna wants to show her goods or if Justin Bieber is a racist punk. I guess my question is, how does any of that make us better?

No comments:

Post a Comment