Thursday, June 12, 2014

X MEN, STILL GREAT AFTER 14 YEARS


I have to say that the X Men franchise simply continues to improve, enter X Men Days of Future Past. I'm not a fanboy and I really don't care to get into comic book history because, honestly, I'm sure I'll lose in terms of little obscure details. From what I saw this particular film stayed fairly true to source material, something that most films rarely ever do. I love the fact that the film itself tells a story that's well connected to previous films in the franchise.

This particular movie picks up where the last Wolverine installment left of and gives first class a lot more prominence. Sure the whole story is turned upside down and essentially the timeline established by the first X Men film is shaken to its core but it's okay because in the Marvel Universe X Men is the on title that takes heroes to a place unlike any other title.

X Men goes beyond the logical into the impossible, people with special abilities fighting for their existence and the salvation of mankind. There is still a powerful future for this franchise provided that they keep hitting the parts of the stories that really meant something as far as the books are concerned. Let's see what happens, hopefully Disney won't fingerbang this like they have so many other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment