Saturday, September 28, 2013

I'M YOUR DADDY LUKE


I love Star Wars and I always have, in part I love it because there was nothing like it and to this day there is nothing like it. I always wondered if there was a way to create a real lightsaber because I was really down with the idea of having my own lightsaber. I would not use my lightsaber on anything other than plastic bottles and Somali pirate ships.

Apparently I may have my big chance because it seems like scientists may be close to creating my dream device. The following link will take you to an article about the near creation of the lightsaber:

http://www.i4u.com/2013/09/56020/real-lightsaber-created

What I think is amazing about this development, besides the fact that I may now battle Somali pirates, is the fact that it's only been 35 years since this was first conceptualized. I'm almost certain that this type of development will meet with serious political and religious opposition. On the flip side of the equation I am certain that science advocates will welcome this with open arms, just because it means that we can eventually master anything we can think of.

Read the article, make your conclusions and may the force be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment