Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Why does anyone care?

I often wonder why some people create idols that don't really merit the attention. Every so called "A" lister that makes a living off reality television is given entirely too much credit. It seems to me that realistically we will give anyone attention provided they give us fodder. I think it's sick and stupid, I mean truthfully why do people talk about the curvy Kim Kardashian? I guess the answer is "we've seen her ass in action." So my question is does that make our society better?

There is a 10 million dollar wedding on television and everyone watches only to hear about the divorce 72 days later. Hooray for the institution of marriage looking like a meaningless marketing tool for the career of a talentless woman. As we watch and continue to talk about this meaningless crap kids are starving to death, women get beaten up by abusive men, women die of breast cancer because they can't afford the treatment. Hooray for spending 10 million dollars in some meaningless ceremony that did nothing to making the world a better place.

What really bothers me is the idea that this is the kind of thing that society is looking at but when the commercials featuring starving children comes on they change the channel because we have to check out the latest reality TV train wreck. Now everyone that claims to be a little more informed is looking at Herman Cain and the restaurant 69 policy he has been accused of (double entendre). I got news for the informed AIDS is still an issue, did you ever think about finding out how you can help quell that particular epidemic? I just thought i'd throw that out there. So why does anyone care? I think it's because there is this sick fascination with people of no substance. It's almost appealing to look at an AMTRAK wreck as it's taking place. It's sad but the good news is that society still has a chance and there's always a little hope no matter what the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment