Monday, November 7, 2011

Does the revival of 80's fashion not seem stupid to anyone else?

I was looking at some pictures the other day of my 80's childhood. I was flipping through these pictures of myself as a stylish nine year old wearing my Benetton rugby shirt and my blue acid wash jeans with my high top Reeboks. I looked at that picture and saw my amazing spiked hair and my mac daddy swatch and I must say I looked pretty freaking cool. I observed the picture closely and objectively and I realized that this was a popular look 24 years ago. Very recently I realized that everyone wants to be 80's again. People that were born in the 90's want to be 80's because it's the latest "in" thing to do.

I want to just say I think that is the stupidest thing I have seen in a while. I also think this opens the possibility for a hybrid 70's and 60's fashion cross craze. I can only imagine the "Hippy Sex Machine" barefoot in a disco floor.  The whole idea behind everyone wearing the "Beat it" jacket with some loud ass laces on the Roos high tops is just annoying. Sure I think the 80's were great but whatever happen to the idea of moving on? I say everyone should work on creating functional jetpacks with Logan's Run style clothing. I want my flying car and my in home conveyor belt to make moving in my home less of a hassle. Oh wait, I think I am citing some 80's stuff here and mixing it with 70's stuff.

Yes I think that it's ok to be nostalgic to some extent but to bring something back from ages ago and call it new is just stupid, sad and stupid. I will make one plea though and that is to please bring back Rubik's snake, the toy for those consumers that did not understand nor appreciate the complexity of the Rubik's cube.


No comments:

Post a Comment