Wednesday, February 20, 2013

CELEBRITY REHAB IS PURE SHIT


I wrote on a previous entry about how I felt with regards to Dr. Drew. I referred to him as a cheap whore and I touched upon my sheer feeling of disgust for the show Celebrity Rehab. Now I want to touch on why I think that show should be canceled altogether. This show is everything that's wrong with the world today. No one and I do mean no one can be cured in the public eye when dealing with addiction issues. This show takes celebrities long past their prime and desperate to be seen again and gives them a chance for exposure.

What I hate is the fact that a lot of the celebrities that go on this show see it as a way to publicly exorcise demons in order to work again. I hate the fact that Dr. Drew says "I wish we could take more responsibility." I would love to ask him if he actually ever made the effort to reach out beyond the show. Dr. Drew claims that he spoke to Mindy Mccready recently, some two weeks prior to her death. The fact is that Mindy's problems had not ended after her run with the show so I wonder how aware he was of her issues.

I understand that individual responsibility plays a part on a person's ability to rehabilitate. I am aware that it's up to the person what he or she wants to do as far as overcoming addictions is concerned. I don't believe that there should be a public forum for celebrities to do so. Making a comeback professionally should not be what a public figure thinks of when entering a rehab facility. There is a new and very annoying fad in the world of entertainment today that drives this stupid show.

Celebrities have come back from obscurity bigger than before because they have recovered from addictions. Now there is a forgive such and such a person movement because such and such a person may still prove surprising like say, Mickey Rourke. Celebrity rehab bothers me because it capitalizes on that and weak celebrities assume that they could once again reach a certain level of prominence. I do wonder how those celebrities feel when they realize they are sharing that stage with figures such as Michael Lohan whose biggest achievement is being Lindsey Lohan's father.

Not everyone that has battled addiction has also retained any semblance of marketability and to make them think otherwise is a travesty. The people that have overcome addiction have done so privately and with every intention of making their life right. This asshole Dr. Drew should think for once in his life and try to act on the side of ethics for once in his shitty life.

Enough already, cancel that stinking show and let people be.

No comments:

Post a Comment