Tuesday, October 7, 2014

DEAR BEN: SHUT THE FUCK UP, YOUR OPINIONS ARE IRRELEVANT


Recently I saw the snippet of Ben Affleck debating vigorously with Bill Maher on Islam. Personally I was driven to madness by the clip, not because of what you may think. I don't have a personal opinion on Islam. I learned only broad topics that all led to a simple conclusion, the majority of muslims condemn the actions of the very driven extremist minority. What bothered me was the condescending, ignorant attitude of Ben Affleck and his vehement defense of Islam without any real facts to back himself up. It's okay to have an opinion but if you are going to attack people in an attempt to defend what you believe, at least have something solid to counter with. It's annoying to see celebrities with questionable intellectual depth really try and use that very notoriety in order to show the world that they know best. My advice to Ben is simple, focus on your nipple less Bat suit and stick to entertaining us.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the fact that they were lumping muslims into one category. I myself am of your your same belief. As I stated Muslims condemn the actions of the jihadist, radical minority. I understand Affleck's views but his way of defending his beliefs came from a strictly emotional place. I'm merely saying if you are going to make a point it's important to do so from a point of actual knowledge. When I studied middle eastern affairs some years back I was taught a lot about Islam from and had the opportunity to hear from an Islamic Priest. I would research my position in order to better refute the argument that was put forth about Islam, not because their views were accurate but because for every educated so called view there needs to be an equally stated fact. Often times it's not enough to state that a view is plain wrong but just say " Okay you got these facts based on polls, so does population sampling speak for a vast majority?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Having given the subject more consideration, I withdraw my comments.

    ReplyDelete